Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Where Was My Good Thing Today?

This is a little embarrassing after my "Good Thing" post yesterday.

I began today with that the same mantra..."Something good is going to happen today."

Ya know, sometimes you just have one of those days....I kept looking for my good thing for the day, the one that makes me smile from the inside.

Maybe on the days that you really need to find it, it's there but you just don't see it. Or maybe it's not really there at all and you just have to find a way to move through the day. Who knows.

Anyway, it's 9:30 pm. I'm gonna check some blogs, pop in to chat, and see what happens.

The day's not quite over yet.

And an update on my prospective home building plans. I called the City of Montevallo today to ask about the easement issues relating to access to the lot I have been looking at.

At about 9:30 this morning, I left a message on the voice mail of the City Clerk to call me. I know that these things can be rather messy issues, and I really didn't expect anyone to call me back. After all, when you have v/m you're allowed to ignore it until either it goes away, or you finally relent and call back.

I waited until 1:30 and called back. I asked for Amy Feger and the clerk said that she was not available and offered to take a "real" message (my words, not her’s) for me rather than putting me through to her voice mail again. I declined and left her another v/m.

Surprisingly enough, she did call me back and was very pleasant; asking relevant questions and actually looking though maps while she was on the phone with me. I had that whooped puppy voice today so maybe she felt sorry for me.

I can't help it when I have those whooped puppy voice days. They just happen. And I usually don't get the help I'm looking for, because, after all, if I sound like I'm gonna give up that quickly, why not just pass me off to someone else's voice mail?

Oh well. She said she would check into it and call me back. She sounded sincere, but we'll see what happens.

Maybe the fact that she returned my call at all IS my good thing for today. It just didn't make me smile from the inside.

________________

(Yep.......I edited this part out...........................)

3 comments:

Gail said...

Awww, Lynn -- none of us @ FBB can be mad at you...EVER

Unknown said...

:blink:

What? Who? When? I can't imagine anyone being upset with our Lynn!

Anonymous said...

nice-wallpapers
enhp u ´ ip 35