Saturday, October 21, 2006

I will write my thoughts now while I am still angry, but will probably edit them later I’m sure.

I went to the local bar tonight to hear a band that I really like. Phil & Walon (and a drummer, which makes the band, Daddy Longlegs).

Anyway. My husband and I haven’t acted married in about 4 months now. Yes, we still live together. But he goes his way… And so far…. I have gone No Way.

Until tonight…Damn him…I was at the bar listening to and enjoying Phil and Walon. And talking to Walon and some friends between sets. Then who shows up acting all married and shit… my “husband”.

Now that just pissed me off! I was having a nice conversation and flirting with Walon (whom I know by the way) and my “husband” shows up and starts giggling and rubbing my shoulders and shit…

Well. Walon hit the road…. moved to another table…I am so mad right now…

I know that he sees (has sex with) other (who knows how many) women. And I can’t even get a night alone to enjoy a band I like and, perhaps flirt with a cute guy…

Aaaaaruugggh!

____________________________________________________________

"The Next Morning"

Ok...I'm not mad anymore. (And thank you for your sweet comment Coco.) I got home before Joe last night and just vented (see rant above).

I want to preface this by telling you that Joe has never, ever even come close to hitting me, is never verbally demeaning to me in any way, either in public or private, and does truly care about me....And we do love each other and tell each other that. But it just so happens that we make better roommates than we do a married couple.

He knew I was mad and asked (in the typical fashion that men do) "Are you mad at me?"

Duh

We talked about why I was mad. No voices were raised and after I explained how I felt, we actually laughed about the way he acted. He apologized and said that he didn't mean to cramp my style. I laughed and said "Hell, I don't even have a style anymore!" We talked some more about our situation, laughed some more, went to our separate bedrooms and to sleep...Not angry.

I made my point, he got it, and today is a beautiful fall day in Alabama.

Anyway......I hope everyone has a good day today. (And please, oh please, let my Tide team beat those Vols!)

10 comments:

Coco said...

I'm sorry it was like that for you. Having recently been through a breakup (if indeed that's where you are headed), I must warn you that you can expect many more such moments. No point in getting angry about them. Just move on to the next moment, and try to make it a good one. Hugs, darlin'.

Unknown said...

Men suck.... period.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to work this out darlin. For some reason my comment wouldn't post last night. I hated to see your evening ruined - you were so jazzed about going out and seeing the band.

Now you can look back with a much fonder memory of the evening.

And we seem to have a Tez sighting. But maybe I should just keep quiet about that, since my gender appears to be against me now.

Unknown said...

:snogs Trav:

:hugs Coco and Lynn:

:tapes Tez to the place so she doesn't escape again:

Amanda said...

Oh honey...men act so stupid and are territorial like dogs..they think if they pee on it its theres..and um, sorry about your tide, well, not really, but i love u! ;)

amynoroom said...

Your husband cheats on you? That's not cool...that's NEVER cool.

Lynn said...

Amy dear-

Believe me when I say that it doesn't bother me! I told him just not to embarrass me in front of our friends. And he hasn't, and won't.

Using a reference from the sitcom Friends: We're on a break!

-Lynn

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Lynn:
gee before i moved, my wife and I hadn't shared a bedrom in almost 6 years....and i understand the part of still loving him, as I still love her, but I am not IN LOVE with her..

Ummm TEZ...gee

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

ummmmm Lynn - sorry just getting around to reading your post.... I'm glad that ya'll were able to work it out...

oh and one other thing....

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I blinded you with Science! said...

I love you dear, and I'm glad you guys worked it out.

You are in my thoughts!