Thursday, October 19, 2006

What Does "Being Myself" Mean?

I sometimes check out my horoscope. I thought tomorrow's 'scope was particularly interesting.

You see, tomorrow night I am going to our local dive/dump to hear a band that I really like…Daddy Longlegs. You may have heard me mention Phil and Walon before. Absolutely talented and entertaining. I will post a review and (hopefully) a video in a couple of days.

I normally go alone to watch them perform and usually sit by myself and enjoy the show. (Sorta makes me feel like a stalker!) I will know, or be acquainted with most of the people there.

In my post, Outside Looking In, I talk about how I usually feel like I’m not really a part of the “party.”

But this horoscope made me to go “hmmm…”
If you find yourself trying to prove that you have something valuable to offer, it might be better to think this through first. Chances are you're naturally friendly, and get along with almost anyone. This may already be strength for you, and you probably have something great to bring to a crowd. Consider being yourself and not always trying to feel a part of things. Start by looking at your qualities to prove your worth to yourself.
I wonder what "being myself" means? Whatever it is, I guess I'll try it out tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good advice.

Unknown said...

Be yourself - don't try to be someone you're not. Be our Bama Gal Darlynn, our Lynn, our devoted follwer!