Sunday, October 29, 2006

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

The yard-sale saga just refuses to come to a conclusion. I have been getting my trash together for more than a month in anticipation of cleaning out of the extraneous crap that I have accumulated during the 5 years we have lived in this house.

And by the way, the stuff you accumulate is directly proportional to the amount of space you have to store more junk! We moved from a charming, 1100 square foot home to one more than twice that size. And have managed to fill it up. Aaaargh

Anyway…Hubby took this past Friday off in order to “get ready” for the yard sale we were supposed to have this Saturday. Well, no yard sale. Junk still sits in my dining room, in my garage, and anywhere else I have found to stash it. I have threatened to call the local charity to come and haul it all off. But Hubby wants to have a yard sale. OK. Maybe next weekend…

I have some fairly nice stuff I was going to put out for the yard sale, but felt like I was demoting it from treasure to junk without merit. I found a new and very charming consignment shop that recently opened and called the owner Friday. I told her about some of the stuff I thought she might be interested in taking on consignment. She sounded excited about my treasures. I’m gonna separate those out and take them to her next week. More fun than throwing them in the driveway at a price that I’m sure is lower than some others would be willing to pay.

And the thrift store is just down the road. I think that I might be able to buy some really cool things there and make money putting them in her shop! I love stuff like that!

Will post updates on the Trash to Treasure adventures when they are warranted.

Thanks for reading my Lame-Ass blog! (lol)

(Ooh...think I'll go check out e-bay....The ultimate Trash to Treasure store.)

5 comments:

Coco said...

Lol - yard sales are a personal pet peeve of mine, ever since I was severely traumatized as a child when my mom went through a phase of selling everything that wasn't nailed down. Take my advice, hon. Call the Salvation Army and be done with it. Lol.

I blinded you with Science! said...

Lynn dear,

I agree with Coco, I can't see yourself haggling the price down from a quarter to a dime with one of the local yokels. It's a waste of time, yes you make money, but try a different way, because heck this isn't a way to do it. People are stinking cheap, even though something is worth more they will offer you a quarter, why do people at yard sales think a quarter will buy everything? I'll take the old bike and the towels for 2 quarters....

Hugs babe!

Travis Cody said...

I enjoy browsing through yardsales for books. Some neighbors of mine once had a hard sale and I walked on over, just to be polite. I ended up getting a copy of HG Wells History of the World for $2.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I go for the vinyl...i have found some gems that way

LAME-Ass ....no way Lynn..

Rainbow said...

You idea of consignment is my choice! Sounds as if you have some very nice things. Wish I were close enough to go through and buy some of it. Who said you have a lame-ass blog? It is not! I love you Lynn and miss you so much.
HUGS!!!!!!!!!