Thursday, October 12, 2006

Left Behind....

I have been left behind in the cloud of thick dust as technology has sped away from me!

Once upon a time, I could hook up a VCR AND set it!

I could set up a new computer and it would work.

I could set the timer on the stove without all of the beeping buttons.

I have just spent 1 and 1/2 hours trying to set up this blog site!

Now we have HD Cable (with the requisite set-top b0x), a surround sound theater system, a DVD player/recorder, a large screen TV, and a Playstation. The sheer miles and maze of wiring behind the "entertainment" center is not entertaining in the least. We have FOUR remotes to operate the television!

Wire color-coded connections leading from the cable wall outlet to the TV, to the Cable Box, back to the TV, into the surround sound system, out of the surround sound system back to the DVD player/recorded and then out to the TV and so on and so on and so on.........

I'm tellin' ya, the Griswold's Christmas looks like a pedal-car compared to our Ferrari of wires.

Please send me in a time machine back to 2001!!

Aaargh!

2 comments:

I blinded you with Science! said...

It's okay. I tried to change the tv with the telephone today...

Coco said...

What's a HD cable?