Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bye Bye Again

AAArrrrrruuugghhh! Damm technology!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, watch this.
It's not the full, real video but you get the general idea.




And here is a bonus vid. Miranda Lambert. One rockin' country chick.

Warning: This video is highly combustable!




I did spend a very pleasant day yesterday on the lake with a very very sweet guy who likes me. I certainly wish I found him remotely sexy/desirable.

(The irony is that he wants from me what I wanted from A Certain Musician (Not Taylor Hicks). And I'm giving him as much as ACM(NTH) gave to me. That does Not make me a nice person....Read into that what you will.)

We took his boat out to the lake and fished for a while. Didn't catch anything, which frustrates him to no end. But I just like casting a line.

We went to a couple of fishing spots and then he gave up and started to head back in. But it was too beautiful of a day and I didn't want to go home. So we just floated on the lake for a while.

It was race weekend so is was not very crowded. Pretty quite for one of the first really good weekends to take a boat out.

Last night I stopped by Eclipse (restaurant/bar/bookstore). It's an old farmhouse that was moved to downtown Montevallo and has a great wrap-around-porch on which "the crowd" sits and drinks and bullshits and laughs and sometimes plays music.

I saw some folks I hadn't seen in a while and that was all good. I think I'll check in there more often. There is a regular crowd there so I know almost everyone. Most I have know for decades, some I have only know for a few years, and some I have just met. It's an interesting place.

Being home to a liberal arts university, my town is very eclectic.

And Montevallo is so captivating for some that, after they graduate, or when they drop out of school, they stay in Montevallo. Those who graduate or are "natives" usually get or have "real jobs".

The others sponge off everyone else. But more about that later.

Blogged enough for now.

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like a great day - boating on the lake. And this place Eclipse sounds great.

You can only be who you are - if there's no spark, then there's no spark.

Julie said...

Hmmm sounds wonderfully exciting even without a spark.