Friday, November 10, 2006

A Little Bit Of This And That

What I've Learned From My Dogs

There are two phrases that I have finally come to understand in the last couple of months. We have two dogs in our house now. Scamper is our old dog and Dolly is the latest addition to our family.

I now know what “a bone of contention” is.

The bone of contention is now laying in my living room! It’s one of those rawhide chewy bones basted in beef broth. They don’t fight over it. They steal it while the other dog isn’t looking. We always have two, one for each of them. Scamp is usually the thief. It really is comical to watch. So I guess we really have two bones of contention!

And I know what it means when people say someone is “dogging your heels.”

When I’m at home, I usually (ok, always) wear house shoes. The kind that flop up and down when you walk. Dolly follows me around the house and is always so close on my heels that she continually steps on the backs of my house shoes when they flop down. I roll my eyes when she is dogging my steps but it is somewhat endearing and makes me remember that phrase and smile. She’s a knucklehead but a sweet knucklehead.



In Search Of Cute Shoes

Has the whole shoe industry completely lost their minds?! All I want is a pair of flat brown shoes that aren’t too casual. Believe me, I have looked. Shopped all of the stores and browsed every website that has shoes for sale.

I have two pair of brown flat shoes. I wear them with everything. I have had both of them for about 5 years or more. They are almost completely worn out and look worse than any shoe you will find at a thrift store. I am completely bumfuzzled about the whole “lack of cute, flat brown shoes.”

The search continues………….Or maybe I’ll just start my own shoe design company! (not)


Sigerson Morrison (Have no idea, but it rhymes)
$383.95 (You Gotta Be Kidding Me!)
Free Shipping Both Ways! (Very generous of them)









To Our Veterans:
Thank you.




My Expression Number Is 8

Driven and ambitious, you have the potential to reach great things. (Like the cookies on the top shelf?)
You're both good with money and good at getting things done quickly. (Looks at watch. How long is this gonna take?)
You are an excellent leader and a great judge of character. (I do know some characters, but I try not to judge others.)

Full of energy (never mind the two hour naps) and confidence, you undertake projects that seem impossible. (SEEM impossible?)
Dependable and determined, you are able to understand the bigger picture. (I don't know anything about art.)
Even if you are not in a position of power right now, it will fall to you. (Well that's just great...)

At times, you can be very materialistic - and obsessed with status and power. (Materialistic...Me? Goes to shop for shoes again.)
While this isn't always a bad thing, you sometimes take it to the extreme.
(Well I ain't payin' $383.95 for a pair of shoes....Even with the free shipping both ways.)
In order to be truly happy, you must balance the material and spiritual in your life. (I'm not a Weeble like Trav so I tip over a lot.)

4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Love the stories about your dogs and the bone of contention.

Here's something funny - my folks had a very old dog when they added two kittens to the family. One used to follow Bud around, and has become a little Bud since the dog died earlier this year. The funny is that this kitty used to sneak Bud's treats away from him!

Pets are great!

**yells at Mr Tucker to stop clawing under the dang door!!**

Marina said...

Nice blog !!!
Take a look to my shoes...
Marina (from France)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Funny funny.. our dog Rocky follows the DH so close she trips over him all the time and he will knock you done going down the stairs.. silly dog!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the dogs!! They rule the roost here. Well, at least they think they do!!
Hugs, Robin